Netball Australia High Performance Coach Program
To achieve our goal of ‘World Number One’ Netball Australia must continue to identify and develop world class netballers.
The recruitment, talent identification and development of athletes are substantially dependent upon suitably knowledgeable, experienced and educated coaches at each stage of the athlete pathway.
To ensure that netball in Australia has a pool of quality high performance coaches working with our talented athletes, Netball Australia must provide coaches with relevant development opportunities so they can maintain high levels of professional competence by continually improving their knowledge and skills.
To achieve this Netball Australia is conducting a High Performance Coach Program consisting of the following components:
1. Coaches to undertake a profile analysis with an external consultant and use the information in an Individual Development Plan (approximately half a day)
2. Coaches to attend a National Camp at the AIS. They will primarily observe training but will also assist the National Coach if required e.g. taking statistics etc. Other development opportunities could also occur at the camp e.g. meet other HP coaches
3. Coaches to attend lead up trainings and a test match. A mentor coach will also attend the game and will facilitate discussion.
4. Coaches to attend the Netball Australia HP Coaches Conference
Netball Australia will select up to three high performance coaches who demonstrate the capacity, dedication and determination to coach Australia. Coaches wishing to nominate must meet the following criteria:
· Be an accredited Netball Australia High Performance Coach
· Be actively coaching in a High Performance Program
The process for selection is as follows:
1. Coaches apply to Netball Australia by the due date. No late applications will be accepted.
2. Applications should include a cover letter and current resume specifically outlining their involvement and experience with high performance athletes and high performance netball programs.
3. Netball Australia will appoint a suitably qualified panel to select coaches based upon selection criteria.
4. All applicants will be notified by Netball Australia whether they have been successful or unsuccessful.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com by the close of business on Friday 5th March 2010.
Please contact Carol Byers, Coach Development and Participation Manager, at Netball Australia for any queries regarding this process.